Monday, August 4, 2008

It's the Bed!

Yay! It's not me! Remember how I posted about my achy joints and stiffness? We spent the weekend out of town and I slept on a regular mattress. I woke both mornings feeling 100% better! I could actually pop out of bed without having to creep-creep-creep and shuffle my feet until my joints got lubed up. I'm so glad! Of course, I still had a little bit of creakiness, which I think is just middle-age setting in. (Ugh!) It's the same creakiness I had back in May before we got the foamy bed. I'll gladly take that creakiness over all this pain and stiffness!

I called Costco and we can return the bed, so that's great news too. Now we just have to figure out how to stuff the thing back into one of our cars and get it back to the store. AND we'll have to figure out how to get a new bed at the same time.

It's almost like getting a second lease on life. Here I was, convinced I'd have to go see my rheumatologist again and start taking medication for the rest of my life. I felt like that proverbial trigger had been pulled, and I couldn't dodge the bullet anymore. So to feel better again is such a relief, and makes me realize how very lucky I am to have a healthy, pain-free, functioning body.

Thanks to those of you who left me comments with all your concerns and suggestions on things to try. I appreciate all the love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sad to hear it was the bed, but, glad you figured out what it was!! You can use our truck to take it back, if you need to! Much easier!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails