Friday, August 8, 2008

Naptime

I'm undecided: should I continue Jackson's morning nap, or is it time to give it up cold turkey? Right now he's up in his room, alternately cooing and fussing. So today it seems he's made the decision for me. But yesterday he took an hour and a half morning nap, followed by a two hour afternoon nap. I thought for sure he wouldn't sleep well last night, but he slept straight through (something he's been doing since he got back from Grandma's this past weekend).

About two weeks ago, I decided to stop the morning nap because he wasn't sleeping through the night. I thought he needed less daytime sleep and more nighttime sleep. It didn't help that week, so the following week (last week), I followed the morning nap routine. Same thing this week, and he's been doing okay so far.

And as I'm writing this, it seems the blessed child has quieted down and *might* be settling into a nap. Too bad I have to wake him in 40 minutes to head out for a firehouse tour!

I guess I'll just stick with the routine for now. As the saying goes, if it ain't broke don't fix it. And, besides, I really like having some extra alone time in the morning so I can shower after my walk and make lunches for the day. Oh, and blog. Tee hee.

1 comment:

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I have been wondering the same thing here. My little guy has not been sleeping at night for the past week. He wakes up between 12-2 and wants to eat/drink/play/cry. He craves his morning nap though. Perhaps I will give him that and just try to stretch the afternoon and have him skip that.

Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails