Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Falling in Love

It's happening. Not that it didn't already. But now I'm amazed by it because in comparison to the last year or so, these moments have been few and far between.

I'm falling in love with my little man, Jackson. He is changing so much, and becoming enjoyable. The first year or so of a baby's life isn't so enjoyable to me - too much crying and dependence and nursing and poop. But now Jackson is learning independence, and really endearing himself to me.

There isn't one specific thing he's doing that is making him oh-so-lovable; he's just all-around cute. I love how he points and says, "Wa dat?" Or how he jabbers away with words only he understands. I love how his face lights up every time he sees me, as if I am his entire world. (I love that I can see that he loves me!) I love being chased by him through the house while he's wearing oven mitts. I even like some of the annoying things he does, like sneaking up and stealing the mouse when I'm on the computer.

I feel like we're on the cusp of all the fun parts of childhood now. Yes, I know, we're not out of the woods of difficulty yet. There will still be plenty of days of frustration and tears (mine), but it's nice to just stop and exhale for a moment and appreciate where we are. And as soon as the moment comes, it's over. Pushed aside in the never-ending marathon race of raising children.

By the way, thanks Mom-101 for the Truth About Two. My favorite quote: "You forgot that it takes time to know a person before you can truly love her with all your being." I read that post and realized I feel the same way, so I had to write about it too!

2 comments:

Mom101 said...

Aw Elizabeth, so glad you found some inspiration.

He's a doll - it's no wonder you're head over heels.

Gretchen said...

He is too cute! Everyone could easily fall in love with that little face. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails