Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bigs Help Littles

Last night, I said a prayer of thankfulness to God that my children are almost four years apart in age. I was trying to get ready for Moms' Night Out, and trying to feed dinner to the kids while Dan finished mowing the lawn. I came into the kitchen and this is what I saw:

My sweet, grown-up Katie had moved around the table to my seat so she could feed dinner to Jackson and entertain him. Thank you, God, that she is not only self-sufficient, but has empathy and a helpful heart!

And then at the park today, Jackson paid it forward by trying to feed his little friend Baby Alex. Life is good when the bigs help the littles!
Isn't that a great way to look at the world? We are so much better off when we use our experience and generosity to spread blessings to each other.

1 comment:

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Such a big helper. . . both of your kids! Love the great photos to show what they were doing.

I have to say that so many people often question how my boys get along with an almost 4 year age difference. I think it is magical because of the older being able to help the younger, and the younger being totally in love with the older. My brother and I are almost the same age difference and we have a great relationship now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails