Sunday, August 24, 2008

New Haircut

I got my haircut this past week. I didn't like it at first, because I thought it was too short. But I got home and showered and let my curls take over, and now I like it so much more!

Back in the day, I used to fight my curls and straighten my hair. But since I had kids, I slowly stopped fighting and let my natural curls have their way with me. I don't think I've "let myself go" per se, because I still try to make an effort to look nice, wear makeup, and glance in the mirror at least once before I head out the door (although it might not look like it some days). But I think I've "let my curls go" instead of fighting their natural tendency. I'm putting the energy I used for fighting my curls into other, more important battles.

And the funny thing is now with my hair cut shorter and my curls running loose, I think I look more like my mom than I ever have in my life. It's kind of eerie.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails