Monday, September 29, 2008

Some Days are Rainy

It's been storming today, outside and in my heart. Katie said, "I don't like the rain. Why is it raining, Mommy?" I told her some days are sunny and some days are rainy. We can't have sunny days every day.

As I said this, my eyes teared up. Oh, how that statement is so true: we can't have sunny days every day, can we?

My rheumatologist called early this morning. He received the results of my blood tests, and officially diagnosed me with Lupus. My ANA (antinuclear antibody) levels are positive, as well as my SM/RNP antibodies. The good news is I don't have any organ involvement; my kidney and liver functions are fine. But he said two of the four tests are positive, which puts me in the Lupus category. And then he said, "I'm sorry."

So... I don't know what else to say right now. There's not much I can say, I guess. "It could be worse" is the phrase that keeps coming to mind, but so does "I have Lupus." Over and over like a broken record in my head.

I'd appreciate your prayers while I take a break for a little pity party. Thanks, y'all.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm terribly sorry to hear this news. I did the yoga thing again today and you popped into my head during the meditation time. I'll keep you there for some time.
Thought and prayers are with you.

Shannon said...

I'm so sorry, I have a friend who's mom has lived with lupus for many years now. I don't know allot about it though. Sending prayers.

Robin said...

Oh elizabeth, I know this is not the news you wanted. I am so sorry, I am sending prayers and hugs and bringing vegetable soup.

Anonymous said...

Oh friend...I know this isn't what you wanted to hear...but, I do know, this is what you expected to hear. Know that your friends are here for you...and that you have a remarkable sense of your own body. You recognized what was happening before the doctors did. Now that you know what is happening...you can work on getting it all under control and feeling better.

Gretchen said...

I'm sorry to hear it's official. :( At least you KNOW now. That's always better than the "What is it?"

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth, I'm back on your blog today and just read the news of the diagnosis. I'm really sorry too, as everybody else on this blog. I'm thinking about you and praying for you.

Brina said...

Oh CRAP...I don't read for a few days and I come back to find out something like this is going on in your life. What I wouldn't give to be there with you. I wouldn't have much to say, except I'm sorry and that I will do anything you need to make your life easier...however, I know you would just want me to listen to you and be there. Remember, I've got your back :) and that I love you.

Love,
B

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, I first felt sad when I heard this news. But then I thought of what a strong and wonderful person you are and that everything happens for a reason. If anyone can kick this illness's ass and offer comfort and hope to others it is you my dear. I'm sending you lots of hugs and prayers and thoughts of Chick fil-A and creme brulee.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails