Thursday, July 10, 2008

Summer Fun

I think the kids have had lots of fun the past few days.

On Saturday, Dan took us on a surprise trip. First, we got KFC and then he drove us to a new playground where we picnicked and then let the kids play. The playground is one of the Corporate Picnic sites in Creve Couer Park. It was AWESOME. There was even a water feature. Since it was all a surprise I didn't have swimsuits, but decided to strip the kids down (J in his diaper and K in her shorts) and let them have at it. It was a fun, spontaneous family trip. Afterwards, Katie and I dropped the boys at home and went to see Wall-E. Katie and I both really liked the movie. It was pretty cute. And it had a good message, although some people I know might disagree with the "we have too much trash and are destroying our planet" message. (But I won't name names.)

On Tuesday, we had playgroup at our house. I did our annual Messy Play with the kids. They got to squish and throw and eat yogurt, icing, pudding, whipped cream, and shaving cream (of course they didn't eat that, though). I love the photos we get each time we do Messy Play. And I'm sure the ants and bugs around our house love the nice feast we leave for them after hosing everything down.











The fun continued on Wednesday. I took Jackson to Parents' Day Out, and Beth dropped off her youngest too. We met another friend from my mom's club and took all the big kids to Six Flags for the day. It was a blast. I really had a great time, and enjoyed watching Katie have fun with her friends. I think the highlight of the day (for me) was the bumper cars. I laughed lots during that. Katie's favorite part was riding Shazam, a scrambler-type ride. It was her favorite last year, too.

This morning, it was back to the real world. I started the official prepping for school, and woke Katie at 6:45, which is probably when I'll have to wake her to get ready for school. She entertained Jackson in his crib while I showered (I'll miss that!) and we went to a library concert. After lunch and on the way home, we stopped by her school to find out her bus route. Her classroom was open (but no teacher), so we got to check it out for a few minutes. It looks so colorful and inviting, and really got me excited for her. She is going to have a great time!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails