Thursday, July 17, 2008

New Traditions

We started two new traditions for school. I plan on doing them every year now, because it was lots of fun.

First, Katie and I spent yesterday afternoon making a cake for her first day of school. I told her she can't eat it until she gets off the bus and is an Official Kindergartener. Then we could eat a piece together, and she could tell me all about her first day. I told her we could share the cake with all the kids on the street too. I iced the cake after she was in bed last night, and put a big "K" on it, to represent Kindergarten. Here's a photo of her licking the beaters:

After Dan got home from work, we took Katie out for a special dinner date at Applebee's. We had a nice dinner, talking about school and telling Katie what we remembered about school when we were little. We talked about what she was looking forward to, and she admitted she was tired of talking about it and wanted to take a break. We tried to find other topics, but it came back to school anyway. We had a nice dinner and promised her that we would do this every year before school starts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails