Monday, July 21, 2008

Katie-isms

Today, I realized Katie isn't saying as many of those adorable, cute things she used to say. I miss hearing them! Here's a list of the best that she's said:

Yukons: Katie used to call salad crutons "yukons." That was back in the day when she knew the name of every car on the road, and thought crutons were also GMC Yukons.
Dullbozer: Katie used to love watching construction equipment, and this is the name she used for bulldozers.
Springaloo: Also known as a lawn sprinkler. I haven't heard this one in probably two years, but I still call sprinklers "springaloos."
Hudy Hoo: Katie couldn't say hula hoop and the words "hudy hoo" came out instead.
G-R-N-G-O: This was Katie's version of the B-I-N-G-O song.
Wobble: Katie was about three when she first threw up and knew that it wasn't normal. I talked to her about it, and she called it "spit." I told her it's called vomit, and later she brought it up again and called it "wobble."
Yesternight: Sometimes we still hear "yesternight" when she talks about last night. We looked it up and it is actually a word. I think I'll start using it myself!

5 comments:

Robin said...

One of my favorite kid-made word is Backstore neighbor. They are are like nextstore (nextdoor) neighbors only they live in the house directly behing you.

This was from Alex and my family still uses it.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget my favorite "Kidafer"
I still call him that sometimes. I loved the way she said it!

Elizabeth said...

I came across another one today: strawbabies. Katie used to say that for strawberries!

Elizabeth said...

I remembered another Katie-ism today: bunny rarrits. She couldn't say "rabbit" and it came out all slurred instead. Try saying it yourself - sounds slurred, doesn't it?

Elizabeth said...

"Old McDonald's" for McDonald's.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails