Sunday, July 27, 2008

He's a Genius!

Could it be true? Is my son truly a genius?! Yeah, I think so!

At lunch today, I swear he said his first sentence as he was pointing at the blueberries on the table: "Mommy, I want that." Of course it sounded more like, "Mama, ah-unt dat." But I am counting it as his first sentence.

He's also developing an engineer's mind, like his daddy. (And Grandfather Steeley and Uncle Jackson and all the other engineering relatives he has!) He's figured out how to carry a stool around the house and get into things. Here he is trying to reach the sink. He did this all by himself. (I don't know if I should be proud or terrified!)

Last but not least, our little monkey has figured out how to climb onto the couch. It's like Ninja Warrior - he scales between the ottoman on one side and the couch on the other, and uses the leverage to conquer Couch Mountain. He's so proud of himself when he does it. He really likes to hang over the back of the couch and point to the plugs behind it and say, "Uh-oh." (That's what he's doing in the first photo.) So now I've moved the couch smack dab up against the bay window, to avoid him falling off the back of the couch and to keep him from crawling around behind it (another new trick). It blocks one of our air conditioning vents, so the house will just have to be a little warmer this summer. Oh, well!
What a brilliant, amazing little 15-month-old! Excuse me while I go contact Mensa to find out how to get him accepted. Atta boy!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

There's nothing like hearing your baby's first sentence. :) Congrats!!!

I've added you to my blog roll since I'm enjoying reading about your family. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails