Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Meet the Teacher Night

Katie's school had their Open House tonight, for the official "Meet the Teacher" night. We actually met her teacher yesterday when we stopped by to get her student ID number. I didn't blog about it because I thought I'd spare you the stalker details, and I'd just wait 'til tonight to post about the Open House too.

I know, it feels like I've been stalking the school. Last week, we went by to get the bus route and it wasn't posted yet. So we went again on another day, and got the bus route and also got to see Katie's room - but no teacher. Yesterday, we hit the jackpot and got to meet the teacher and see the almost-completed room. So tonight it was more a chance to chat a little with the teacher and drop off supplies and see some of the other kids and parents.

Katie's room is so colorful and inviting. She and Daddy enjoyed the reading corner, and she liked finding her cubby and her name. I am a little wanna-be teacher myself (just ask all my past Parent Educators), so I was coveting some of the teaching tools in the classroom - all the wall pocket organizers and bins with labels and fun learning tools. Yum, yum!

Katie's teacher is young and seems very nice and energetic. This is her second year of teaching, but only her first year at Katie's school. Poor woman - she got me as one of the parents who is going to break her in. {Mwwahh ha! Evil laugh.}

I am much more excited about Katie starting school now. She really needs the structure and stimulation. I can tell she's getting a bit bored with me at home, and I don't have the energy anymore to engage her in activity every moment of the day! (Especially since she started taking official naps at the beginning of June. Now I allow her to have quiet time on the couch, outside of her room.)

Of course, I'm still going to have a crying fit after she gets on the bus Thursday morning. And I know tomorrow I'll be trying to squeeze every moment of meaning out of our "last" day together. Oh, I'll be so glad when Friday rolls around and all this emotional upheaval is out of the way!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails