Saturday, July 26, 2008

Exercise

I did well on my "TCE Plan" (Taking Care of Elizabeth) this past week. I took at least a 30 minute walk every morning with Jackson after Katie gets on the bus. (Even in the rain!) I'm trying to eat a little better, including more fruits and vegetables. I got on the scale this morning and finally passed under a certain mark. My first thought was, "I'll never hit that mark again in my lifetime." At least that's my hope! I know never is a loaded word.

A woman in my mom's group gave me a baby bike seat, and Dan installed it on my bike last night. I was a little nervous about using it because I haven't ridden a bike since we lived in Kansas City almost nine years ago. But the saying is true: "It's like riding a bike." You just jump back on and your body remembers how to do it. (My body may remember how to, but I have a few new aches from it - especially in my butt from the seat. I forgot how uncomfortable that is!)

This afternoon we took the kids down to the Katy Trail for a bike ride. Katie rode her bike, and she always amazes me at how well she can ride. We rode for only 30 minutes because Jackson didn't like it too much. Actually, I think he disliked the helmet, not the bike ride. You can see him crying in the photo below. The one thing he did enjoy on our ride was pulling up my shirt, patting me and pulling on my underwear. Nevertheless, I enjoyed our bike ride and liked doing something new with my family - and getting exercise too!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I have one of those seats on the back of my bike as well and Ollie loves to pull up my shirt and pull on my underwear as well...silly kids!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails