Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Baptism Photos

I just got an email from my church with a link to all the photos that were taken on baptism day. I already posted a video here on my blog after that weekend, but these new photos just make my heart sing. How could I not post them for you?

This is the Before shot. The pastor was telling me to look around and acknowledge all the people there to witness this step in my faith journey. And I look pained, don't I? Uh... did I mention my fear of public scrutiny? That would explain the look on my face. My heart was flopping around in my chest, so my reflex was to shut out all those fears clamoring around. I ended up closing my eyes and just listening to the pastor. I was filled with peace instead of fear.

And this is the After shot. Happiness. Can you see it? And I love the three church leaders surrounding me, and the joy on their faces too.

Immediately after, I hugged Dan. Bliss!

What an amazing day. And I'm so happy to have these photos to remind me of it! Want to see more? Go to this link here and look at all the photos from the day's festivities. Be forewarned: there were almost 300 people baptized, so there are lots of photos. But it is worth looking at to see all the joy on so many faces.

3 comments:

donna said...

Pure joy...that is what your face says. what a wonderful day for you!

scrappysue said...

now that's pure joy!

Katie said...

That is so awesome Elizabeth! I am excited to have a new sister in Christ! I love the picture of you & Dan hugging~your love for each other is an inspiration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails