Saturday, July 11, 2009

Work-Your-Camera, Last Day

Today's the deadline for Michelle's Work Your Camera Contest. I experimented one last time during a trip to the mall with Katie's Daisy troop. They earned a Build-A-Bear party with their troop cookie money, then lunch at Chick-fil-A. (Yes, I am feeding my child CHICKEN all week long!)

I think I got some decent shots. The last one is of Zoltar, the mechanic fortune teller at the mall. (Just like in the movie "Big.") There is a little reflection on the glass I was shooting through, though.

Now the question is, which photo will I enter in the contest? Dan's choice is the photo of Katie's eyelashes from Day 1. (He says it reminds him of a Jodified photo. That's quite a compliment!) I like that one too, but I'm also tempted to enter the nail polish or gumball machine ones from above. Or if we're going strictly on how well I worked the depth of field issue, then I should enter the mailbox photo or train photo from Day 2/3. Those show a sharp focal point, but the mailbox one definitely isn't as visually appealing as I'd like.
Ugh. I just can't decide! Too bad I can't just enter a portfolio of work. Ha!

4 comments:

scrappysue said...

hmmmm - the teeball one is good, as is the train one. love the candy jars AND the nail polish. it doesn't really matter does it - all good learning huh!?!

sheryl said...

I really like them gumball machines and the train... although the raindrops is a pretty cool one too. and the fireworks with the kids watching. good thing I don't have to pick, huh?

Gina said...

I vote nail polish!

Gretchen said...

My daughter built that same cat when we were in Boston. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails