Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tonight's Dinner Conversation

Daddy to Katie: "What's that sticker on your shirt?"
Katie: "It's Troy Efron. I mean Zac Efron."
Daddy: "Where'd you get that sticker?"
Katie: "Someone gave it to me on the bus."
Daddy (in a gooey, syrupy voice): "Do you love him?"
Katie: "No. I just like him."
Daddy: "Do you think he's cute?"
Katie: "No. He's hot!"
(Dan and I both visibly shudder and our eyes flick to each other. She's never used the word "hot" like that!)
Daddy: "But Daddy is still the cutest ever."
Mommy: "Yes! Your daddy is the most handsome."
Katie: "No."
Daddy: "What?!!!"
Katie: "No! I mean, yes! Yes!" (Too late...)

And so, let the record show that today - July 30, 2009 - Dan has been knocked off his perch in little Katie's life. It's all downhill from here. Hooney, you'll always be the hottest in my book. Zac Effron is too shaggy anyway!

2 comments:

Mary W said...

Tee Hee!

Gretchen said...

How sad! Poor daddy. At least he'll always have you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails