Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Snaggletooth

It took six and a half months to make an appearance, and only three weeks for the final curtain call.

Katie lost her first tooth today!

She was at Steak & Shake with Grandma and Poppy when she took a bite of her chicken and then felt her tooth in her cheek. She spit the tooth out, put a napkin to her mouth, and started freaking out when she saw blood. She asked for a Band-Aid for her mouth. Grandma calmed her down and they wrapped the tooth in a napkin and got a plastic baggie from the waitress. The waitress was so excited for Katie that she gave her a dollar. Isn't that sweet? When they got to the car, Grandma let Katie look in the passenger vanity mirror and see the big hole in her mouth.

The bad news is I wasn't there to witness this. The good news is I wasn't there to witness this. Loose teeth give me the heebie jeebies. Make me wanna gag. All shivery. Yuck. So I wouldn't have enjoyed seeing the wiggly tooth fall out of her mouth with blood. It was bad enough seeing the tooth in the napkin when they brought it home. I had to do some deep breathing in order to even touch the thing. But it got better with time.

Of course, I wish I had been there to share this milestone with Katie, regardless of the heebie jeebies. I was there to see the tooth arrive, but not its departure. Oh, well. There are lots more to lose, and I'm hoping to see them all! Guess the heebie jeebies will just have to get used to it.

Tooth Fairy, don't forget to stop at our house tonight!

4 comments:

scrappysue said...

losing teeth is such a great milestone - and always good for the kids' wallets!

Gina said...

Congrats Katie! And kudos to the sweet waitress.

CrystalW said...

I agree with you about the heebie jeebies! I did not pull even one of either of my daughter's teeth. Most of the time, they did it. A couple of times it happened at school. I hope the tooth fairy was good to her!

sheryl said...

Yeah Katie!!! Very Cool!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails