Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Outdoor Reading

Yesterday, I was pretty down on myself for not being a more fun mom. I feel like I've been nagging and chastising the kids too often. So I took them outside and set up a mosquito net under a tree. I spread a blanket on the ground, and let them chill out and read books in the reading tent. I think they really enjoyed it and I loved taking photos of them.

You wonder why I have a mosquito net hanging around? I've had it for about 14 years now. It was the very first purchase I made with my very first paycheck at my very first "real" job after college graduation. I had always wanted one ever since I was a little girl, and decided to splurge and buy it once I got my own money. It was frivolous and silly, but it hung above my bed for a few years - even after Dan and I were married and moved in together. After a while, I took it down and put it in storage. I think I'll bring it out more, because it has a fun and dreamy quality to it. Part of me doesn't want it to get ruined because it was my first "real" purchase, but the other part of me says it isn't doing any good gathering dust in the basement. Might as well use it!

P.S. After my friend Danielle's stolen photo issues, I'm going to start uploading my photos in very low resolution. Let me know if it's creating any huge issues on your computers at home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mosquito netting is the funnest thing ever!!! What lucky kids... and ya, they do have a fun mom. :) Go easy on yourself. :)

Mary said...

So sweet!!

scrappysue said...

nice outside pics!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails