Friday, June 26, 2009

Dad Recites Six Golden Coins

Oh, boy, do I have a treat for you! I have been wanting to do this for a while, and started working on it last Sunday. Which, if you remember correctly, was Father's Day. A perfect day to spend with my dad again!

Years and years ago, Dad recorded himself reading some of his favorite poems. I have it on CD now, and I've written about it before here. And now, I'm going to share one of the poems with you. I used photos from Dad's life to illustrate the recording, which was one of his very favorites. And now, may I present "Six Golden Coins," written by Martin Buxbaum and recited by my daddy.

Note: You'll need to pause the music player on my blog sidebar before you watch this video.

5 comments:

Gina said...

What a cute idea! I love the photos. You look a lot like your dad...and there is such a resemblance between him and Jackson too!

Shirliana said...

That was priceless - and beautiful. Thank you so much for posting the video and sharing such a special part of your life.

It was nice to meet you. I'll come back again soon.

Charity said...

Wow that was really moving. I loved how you incorporated the pictures with the poem---perfectly timed! What a tribute.

Mary said...

Awesome:)

Kate Prado said...

Hearing your father read my dad's verse, Six Golden Coins, really brought tears to my eyes. What a great voice your father had, so full of emotion...what a great gift you have given me. I thank you so very much!

Hugs and Happiness-
Kate (Buxbaum) Prado

P.S. Love all the new pics you have on your site!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails