Sunday, June 7, 2009

Strikethrough!

So, thanks to my new bloggy friend Gina (and hopefully she'll be my friend IRL soon!), I am testing out my new strikethrough text. Ha! I DID IT! (I feel like Jackson looks after he accomplishes some new feat and throws his arms up and yells that at the world!)

I've always wondered how people do that! I know there's a whole HTML side of blogworld that I just don't get, but I figured there was some silly button in the "create" window when I'm writing a new post. I could never find that button. There's one for small type and one for colored type. There's one for bold and one for italic, but you know I already have those down easily. Or I just use the Windows keyboard shortcut for those. But I could never find the freaking strikethrough button. I saw it used on other blogs and finally asked Gina after reading one of her posts. She told me the HTML for it, and now I got it. So y'all better hold on tight! I'm going to be abusing checking it out often!

I still think a button would be easier.

5 comments:

Gina said...

Yay! You did it! Now I don't think I know how to do the small font...hook it up! :)

scrappysue said...

hey! i wanna know how to do that!

donna said...

V. impressive.....that may however be a little too technical for me. Unless there is a button for it, it usually doesn't work out so well for me :-)

Elizabeth said...

Gina told me this: Strikethrough is: < s > text < /s > but with no spaces. So you have to go to the "edit HTML" tab of a post (NOT the "compose" which is the default mode) and type that < s > before your text that you want stricken and then the < /s > at the end. Does that make sense? Make sure you delete the spaces between the "<" and the "s" (or whatever). I had to add the spaces so that this comment could be accepted and published.

Sorry, Donna! There is no button. I wish there were. It would be so much easier!

Gina, the small font is to the left of the bold and italic buttons. It just looks like a small "T" and a big "T" beside each other with a little carrot indicating a dropdown menu. Good luck figuring out what the "smallest, small, normal, large and largest" each signify. They should have made it easier by specifically listing the font size. Ugh!

Jeff and Brandi said...

I never knew about the strikethrough!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails