Monday, June 8, 2009

Hot Husband

My husband is hot. I mean really hot.
Of course I mean that in a complimentary way, as a comment on his looks. (Hi, hooney!) But he's also really hot, temperature-wise. His body temp must run a few degrees higher than mine. And it's never really been a problem. He usually humors me and lets me snuggle up against him at night. I think he rolls away from me once he knows I've fallen asleep. So, in general, we do just fine with it.

Except the past few months. With my Raynaud's Syndrome, I am freezing most of the time. Dan says I still feel hot to the touch, but I don't feel very warm inside. There are times he is so hot that he turns to me and exclaims, "Are you still cold?!" The answer is always, "Yes!" I survived winter with hot packs for my hands during the day and an electric blanket at night. And now that summer is here, I finally stopped using the electric blanket.

Until last night. Yep! An electric blanket in June!

Dan got an early Father's Day gift this past weekend. It's a personal air conditioner for our bedroom. (The best part is we got it for $25 on clearance! Marked down about 75%!) He set it up yesterday and closed the doors to our bedroom and let the room cool down before we went to bed. Once bedtime arrived, ooooo baby! It was brrrrrrr cold! And you should have seen the look of pure bliss on his face.

Being the thoughtful man he is, he had already pre-warmed the bed for me by turning on my electric blanket. What a guy!

So we snuggled into bed. Him on the refrigerator side, me on the oven side. And we met in the middle to overlap. Oh, the compromises we make in marriage! And yet, we both come out happy. Pure bliss.

5 comments:

Gina said...

That is so funny...B and I are the exact same way! Lots of people have wondered if I have Raynaud's Syndrome, but I think I am just chilly all the time. Did you just recently get the air conditioner? If so, where?? That would be the PERFECT gift for B!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Your husband is a true gem. I call my hasband "Thermal Man". He is always wanting to snuggle with me when I'm cold and within a couple of moments...I have to push him away because I can't stand the heat!

Kim Weiss said...

Oh gosh, my hubby would be in HEAVEN with a personal little a/c... we are the exact same way, I'm cold, he's hot and HATES being hot. LOL

donna said...

How does that work that men are always the warm ones. I have to say though in bed I always manage to be the warmer one. My husband would tell you that is because I steal the blankets but that is all just in his imagination. I have never heard about Raynauds Syndrome....how did you discover you had it?

Anonymous said...

haha!! Okay, a few weeks ago on one of our hotter days here my husband and I got into bed. We have VERY different climate needs. He feels the house should be COLD in the summer... which makes it very hard to acclimate to the indoors or the outdoors. We had a sort of tense exchange about it earlier in the evening. As we lay in bed I no kidding said to him "I wonder how many marriages end because of climate control?" He looked at me and we both started cracking up. ;) We don't clash about many things but climate control seems to be our achilles tendon. ;) Glad to know I'm not alone. :) hahaha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails