Saturday, June 7, 2008

Things I Love

That last post made me think I should add a few more things to my list.

I love scrapbooking on my computer. I use a program called Photo Explosion, which costs about $30. It is very easy to use, and I've figured out some ways to personalize it with my own backgrounds. I also found a website that will turn your handwriting into a computer font, so I used that font throughout my 2007 scrapbook. I love scrapbooking on the computer for many reasons. 1. I don't have to lug all my tools and papers and stickers out and set it up, then put it all away again before the kids get into it. When I scrapbook on the computer, I can just stop halfway through a page and hit save and move on to something else. 2. I have a fear of my house burning down and all my one-of-a-kind scrapbooks going up on flames. Now that I have a digital copy of each scrapbook page, I burn them to CD at the end of the year and Dan keeps a copy at his office. So if the house burns down, I don't have to run to save the scrapbooks (after the kids are safe, of course!). 3. I can print out multiple copies of the same page and make scrapbooks for grandparents, friends, etc. 4. I feel like it's cheaper to scrapbook on the computer. All it costs me is $30 for the software, paper to print it on (I used to use cardstock but now I just use regular paper), a binder and page protectors to hold the pages, and the printer ink.

I love this hand-towel beach bag by Martha Stewart. I've been making placemat purses, but I've been trying to come up with better ideas for handles. I like the handles on these bags. And I also love these drink umbrellas by Martha Stewart. I gotta make these!

I love these Incoco nail polish strips. They're strips of nail polish that you put on your nails and they last for up to 14 days. I'm on day 14 of the latest batch of mine, and they still look half decent. But I probably need to go ahead and take them off. This is how they looked on my nails on day 11.

I love Skype. If you have a webcam, you can download the Skype software and call anyone anywhere over your computer. It's a video phone call! FREE! My uncle got me and my sister hooked up through it. The bummer is they are the only people I know signed up on Skype. I wish more of my friends and family would use it (hint, hint) so I can call them and "see" them more often. I love that it's free long distance, and I love that I can see my sister and her family, and they can see my family too. They were able to call and watch Jackson learn to walk, which is pretty cool. And if I had been thinking ahead, I could have set up the webcam so they could celebrate his first birthday with us. But I wasn't that on-the-ball at the time. You can also use Skype (for a fee) to call internationally too. I have a cousin stationed overseas and I know I could call him, but I haven't figured out the time difference or how to load my account with money. A woman I know also Skypes her family in Hawaii and her military husband when he's out of town.

1 comment:

Brina said...

There's that ring I love!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails