Wednesday, June 11, 2008

One-on-One Time

Grandma and Poppy wanted to have a special day with Katie today, so they came yesterday and picked her up for a sleepover. Jackson and I got to play outside in the afternoon, which was nice. Then Dan and I had a quiet evening to ourselves, and rented the movie 3:10 to Yuma. It was better than I expected, but that may be because the last few movies we saw stunk: they were No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood. (Both those might have turned out to be good movies, except for the endings. Ugh!)

Today, Jackson and I got some good one-on-one time, and it was nice. Grandma and Poppy took Katie to the zoo. I went to their house to pick her up after lunch, and they said I could leave Jackson there so he could have his own time with them. I jumped at the chance to have Katie to myself too! She and I met some more out of town friends before they headed to the airport (not the Omaha friends - these were the Seattle friends), then we got to shop for her birthday. The best treat of the day was Dan and I took Katie to see Kung Fu Panda tonight. She loved sitting between us, laughing at the silly panda (and crying at the scary parts). When we got home, we all picked a favorite book to read, and cuddled on our big bed and read books before bedtime. It was so nice and quiet and wonderful to focus on just one child at a time. (Now I laugh, thinking back on the days when I thought ONE kid was hard. How do people do it with more than two?!)

Tomorrow Katie and I are planning a park playdate, then I hope to take her to the pool before Jackson returns home. These two days have been nice, helping to relax me and fill up my "gas tank" for the days ahead.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails