Sunday, June 22, 2008

Busy Weekend

Whew! It was a busy weekend for us.

On Friday night I went to the Muny (the St. Louis outdoor theater) and saw The Producers with my mother-in-law. It's a yearly tradition for her to use her two season tickets and invite her daughter, me or her other daughter-in-law to pick a show each summer. She takes us to see whatever show we choose. Since it's an outdoor theater and I hate being sweaty (unless I'm swimming - ha, ha!), I always pick the first or second week that the Muny is open. This year, the first week was The Producers. I've never seen it before, and it was pretty good. I love theater and musicals espeically (thanks to Mom and Dad). There's nothing better than the entire chrous on stage belting out a song.

Saturday morning, we woke early and took the kids downtown for the Race for the Cure. Almost 64,000 people showed up, raising $3.3 million. Wow! This was the first year I've done it, and it was pretty amazing. (Dan has done it lots of times before.) I'd like to do it again, but without children. Does that sound mean? It's just that 64 thousand people make it hard to keep track of your kids. And pushing a stroller during a race is hard too. (Thanks, Dan.) But being in the middle of all those people united for one cause is pretty amazing. I wish there were that many people (and that much money) raised for lupus, which both of my parents had. There is a lupus walk on October 5. I'm thinking about walking.

So after the Race for the Cure, we came home and scrambled to get ready for the a carnival party for Katie yesterday. We invited Dan's family and some friends over to celebrate. I made some carnival booths like a duck pond, bean bag toss, etc. It was a fun time, and I think Katie enjoyed herself. We were exhausted at the end of the day, and collapsed after the kids were in bed.

Today has been pretty low-key. I took the kids to church while Dan went to work to catch up on things. He didn't get much work done on Friday because it was Katie's special day at the office. Ever since she was about three years old, she has asked to go to work with Daddy. We told her she had to be five. She remembered that and talked about it lots, and we knew we had to stick to our word when she turned five. So Friday was THE DAY and she got to work with Daddy. Here's a photo of our big working girl:
We'll be busy this week, too, getting ready for my sister and her family's visit. They are coming on Thursday or Friday (they haven't decided), and I can't WAIT to see them! Katie is so excited too, and we have lots of plans for them when they get here.

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails