Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Only Momma Will Do

Tonight, Jackson was playing with Dan and Katie while I got dinner ready. (Or, more accurately, while I nuked dinner!) I think he fell down, because he started crying and I heard Dan trying to comfort him.

The next thing I knew, Jackson came tottering in to the kitchen, crying and screaming. I knelt down to his level, and he ran up to me and fell into my arms. He immediately stopped crying, and I almost heard a sigh. I thought to myself, "How sweet that Mommy makes it all better."

Note to self: don't get too cocky! Remember the rest of Jackson's ten waking hours today? He was mad that I took the phone away from him (he was trying to call China). Mad that I pulled him off the sofa, which he was using to climb onto the bar area behind it. Mad that I wouldn't let him splash in puddles in the street. Mad that I wouldn't let him eat rocks. Mad that I kept him from drowning at the pool. Mad, mad, mad.

Oh, joy! The silver lining is that he isn't an infant anymore. Yay for me! You KNOW how I feel about infants! Or at least how I feel about my own infants. (I like other people's. You can give them back!) I'll choose a temper tantrum over a crying newborn any day. Jackson's temper tantrums are louder, but at least I know why he's crying, as opposed to when he was an infant and cried just for crying's sake.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails