Thursday, June 12, 2008

Katie's Day

I had a great day with Katie. I got to sleep a little bit later, and eat a slower breakfast with her. We went to the park, but didn't stay long because it was hot. Katie kept asking me, "Can we go now?" She wanted to have a picnic at home, so we did. It was much nicer than at the park: air conditioning, a special TV show (she loves to watch Jon & Kate Plus 8), and a cookie for dessert. Afterwards, I spent 20 minutes finishing Dan's gift for Father's day, then we hit the pool for an hour and a half. We held hands and jumped into the deep end, and played a few swimming games. It was lovely!

After the pool, Katie played at Beth's house while Beth and I went to get haircuts. Then I picked up Jackson, and we all went back to Beth's. Dan met us there, and Sean grilled steaks for dinner. It was a wonderful end to a great day.

I loved being able to say yes to Katie for (almost) anything today. I loved being able to actually listen to her when she came running up to me for something. I loved holding her in the pool and singing to her. I loved talking in the car. I loved cuddling in the morning and at bedtime. And I also loved getting to see Jackson again.

As I tucked Katie in bed tonight I said, "I'm so happy to be your mommy." She replied, "I'm so happy to be your kid." Ah, heaven.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails