Monday, June 23, 2008

Katie's Eye Exam

I have to share a cute story about Katie. Today was her first eye exam. She did very well, except for the crying when she got those drops that dilute the pupils. (I can't blame her there. I hate those too!)

During the exam, the doctor showed her the eye chart and said, "Can you read that to me?" Katie said no, so the doctor went to the next line of letters that were bigger. Again, she asked, "Can you read that?" Katie said no, again. So the next line of even bigger letters were revealed. The doctor asked, "Can you read that to me?" Katie answered, "Of cblt."

Get it? She was trying to read the "words" to the doctor, just like the doctor asked. But since she didn't recognize those first few lines of letters as words that she knew, she told the doctor no, she couldn't read them. It made me chuckle. My smartypants is such a literal thinker!

2 comments:

Robin said...

That is what I hoped Josh was doing during his exam. But NO he really could not see anything out of his one eye! And I had no idea!

NO "mother of the year" award for me!

Jen said...

That is so funny... kids do take things very literally sometimes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails