I'm quickly learning that the World of Blogs is so much bigger than I ever expected! My friend Danielle is the reason I started my blog. I love reading her Extraordinary Mommy blog, and was inspired to start my own blog as a way to chronicle my life, and my family's life.
Now Danielle has tagged me. I have no idea what that means, but apparently it's something cool bloggy people do. And maybe I'm cool too because my cool bloggy friend Danielle picked me. Yay! I feel like I'm back in middle school getting picked for teams in volleyball, and breathing a sigh of relief that I wasn't the last one standing.
So, apparently here's what I'm supposed to do when I'm tagged:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up. (That means when I finish this post, I'm supposed to let Danielle know by making a comment on her blog, so she knows to come read mine.)
Six Random Things about Me
1. My childhood nickname is Poozie, courtesy of my sister Mary. There are maybe 3 people still alive who are allowed to call me that. Anyone else who uses it just plain freaks me out, because I'm so used to hearing it come from my brother, mother or father's mouth. And since they are all dead, it's weird to hear it from anyone else.
2. My first job was at White Water, a water amusement park in Georgia (where I grew up). My last job was selling health insurance. In between, I was a TV news producer, copy center lackey, Desk Assistant in a dorm, print coordinator for a ministry, and financial advisor's assistant. And so far, I've been fired once - from the ministry. Can you believe it?! Ha!
3. I have trichotillomania. Have fun Googling that! Anyone have a good idea on how to get over it?
4. I used to write lots and lots of poetry throughout my middle, high school and college years. But when I met my soul mate, I think all of that angst and fuel just kind of died off. Now I get to live my poetry every day, instead of trying to force it into rhyme on paper. Lucky me!
5. I love Chick-fil-A, creme brulee, singing loudly in the car, Dan, foot rubs, loyal friends, honesty, making things with my own hands, reading, Jackson's belly laughs, Heavenly Hash ice cream, Snickers, Grand Lido Braco, using parentheses, lamb chops, laughing, a good church choir, Katie's kisses, and spooning with Dan. My pet peeves are misplaced apostrophes, annoying little noises, people who over-analyze everything, and rude drivers.
6. I was Vice President of my senior class in high school. Dan says I was probably like Tracy Flick in the movie Election. I hate to admit it, but he's right. Thank God I've mellowed a bit with age. (If you know me now, you'd never think I was mellow. But that just shows you how uptight I was way back when.)
And, now, here are my tags. You're it!
Catrina's Thoughts My former coworker Catrina is the first person I ever knew with a blog.
IKEA Hacker I love IKEA, and this blog!
The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks I just stumbled across this blog, and it makes me laugh because I have lots of punctuational pet peeves, even though I make the mistakes myself sometimes.
Homemade by Jill I love her necktie onesie and want to make one now too. Reading her blog reminds me I need to post some of my crafty projects too.
People Reading This blog appeals to my voyeuristic tendencies. I like to hear what people are reading and why.
Angry Chicken This blog is my favorite for crafty ideas. I don't know the writer (Amy), and I'm pretty sure her blog is way too big for her to play the tag game, but I'm going to tag her anyway because I just like to read her stuff.