Friday, April 18, 2008

Ear Infection

When I woke up (because of the earthquake) this morning, and then again later when it was truly time to get up, my head was in pain. My whole neck felt like it had a huge crick in it, and my lymph node was swollen and painful to the touch. I had pressure in my eyes, sinuses, throat and ear.

I went to the doctor and found out I have an ear infection. Ugh. I used to get them A LOT as a kid. So much that I have permanent scarring (and some hearing loss) in my ear. But it's been so long since I've had one, and I forgot how painful they can be. My entire left shoulder, neck, and left side of my head just ache. Even my collarbone hurts! It feels like I've strained something. Thank God for antibiotics. One hour after starting my Z-Pack, I already felt less pressure.

I don't think I am sympathetic enough to kids who have ear infections. I'll remember this next time. Ouch!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails