Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Student of the Week

Last Friday, Katie was selected as Student of the Week in her classroom. She walked off the bus all nonchalant, with the special blue ribbon pinned to her chest. I saw it and started running to her, screaming how excited I was for her. She broke into a run and jumped into my arms, and listened to me say, "I am so proud of you!" over and over. She was so happy!

I think every kid in Katie's class will eventually be named Student of the Week, but it's still a special honor for them all. They get to be second in line every day that week (behind the line leader), they get a special certificate and the blue ribbon and they get to pick a treat from a treat bucket. Best of all, the Student of the Week completes an "all about me" poster at home and brings it back to class, where it's displayed all week in the classroom.

Katie finished her poster on Friday night. I helped her by printing the photos, but she wrote and colored everything else herself. She was so proud of herself, and has worn her ribbon to school yesterday and today. I'm so proud of her too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails