Thursday, October 30, 2008

My New Tattoos

They're not permanent, but they will last quite a while! My moms' group had a Moms Night Out last night, and we hired a mendhi artist to give us henna tattoos. I got one on my right hand and one on my neck. Here's what they looked like before they dried, before the stain set into my skin.
Then here's what the one on my hand looks like today. Yes, you can tell I smeared it a bit after it was applied last night.

It was really cool getting the tattoos. One woman got a lacy style around her wrist. One woman got a large paisley-style design on the back of her neck. And Beth got a design on the top of her left foot. The artist said they should last anywhere up to 2-3 weeks, depending on how much you wash the skin.

I am fascinated by these mendhi designs now. I am dying to buy a henna kit and try it on myself. I found one online here (I'd add the extra powder too), and I think maybe I'll put it on my Christmas wish list.

What do you think of my new tattoos?

6 comments:

Catrina said...

You know me - I LOVE THEM!

Anonymous said...

Cool!

Robin said...

I have always wanted a henna tattoo. If you get a kit, you can practice on me.

Gretchen said...

Very pretty! Hope you have a wonderful Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Cool! A way to try out without the permanent effect.

scrappysue said...

they're very cool! my 19 year old loves henna. i'm getting an ACTUAL tattoo in december!!! yikes! thanks for adding me to your blogroll. see how blogger hates me!?!?! no-one can figure it out. it's same everytime anyone adds me. boo hoo!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails