Thursday, October 9, 2008

Great Advice

My friend Joe sent me an email yesterday, encouraging me in my lupus fight. He also let me know some of the details of his life, and he's been going through a very hard time. His parents are ill, he's been ill, and his kids have been under the weather too. There's lots more to the story, of course, but I don't want to broadcast his entire private life to the public. Suffice it to say it's been a rough month for him.

But Joe ended his email with something that truly inspired me. I had to share it with you. These are his words:
"What a beautiful life we all are given! Sure, it's got some hurdles every now and then, but in the end, all rain does is make the flowers grow higher and prettier. I hope I get to share some of your flowers with you, and maybe spend some time playing in the puddles with you while it's pouring."

3 comments:

Catrina said...

Joe sounds like a very wise man. Tell him thank you from me, too - as I am also playing in a puddle of my own. And thank you for the CD's. Good Stuff!

Gretchen said...

Sounds like a smart man!

SLSK said...

Now that is some great advice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails