Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bean Boozled

I found these "Bean Boozled" Jelly Belly jellybeans at the grocery store today. The box has many beans of various colors, but the catch is they don't all taste the same. Some are good flavors and some are downright NASTY. I bought two boxes at $1.19 each, and thought they'd be fun to try with Katie.
After dinner, I opened a box and we sorted the beans by color. Then we took the plunge and tried some of them. The first ones we tried turned out NOT to be pear. Guess what flavor they were instead? Booger. Oh, dude! Not quite sure that that's supposed to taste like, but it was disgusting all the same.

Katie decided to try the black ones next. They were either black licorice or skunk. She said they were skunk. Personally, I don't know how you could tell a difference. Katie tried a blue one and got toothpaste flavor instead of blueberry. Not too bad, I guess. We tried the white ones and I got coconut while Katie got the baby wipes flavor. Egads! The straw(s) that broke the proverbial camel's back were the ones that were either buttered popcorn or rotten egg. Yep... we got the eggs. Katie actually gagged on this one, so I figured it was time to stop. The remaining ones were too gross to even consider: vomit/peach, ear wax/mocha latte, or moldy cheese/caramel corn.
We put the rest back in the box, and maybe she can get Daddy to try it with her another time. Count me out! It was fun, but oh so yucky!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Sounds like Harry Potters jelly beans. They come in all flavors, including booger. I won't be giving those ones a try!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails