Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Thankful Tree and Thanksgiving Morning


We continued a new annual tradition this year: the Thankful Tree. It's a wooden tree I painted brown, and it includes a pack of sticky fun foam leaves. Starting November 1 and until Thanksgiving Day, Katie picks a leaf and writes one thing she's thankful for on it then sticks the leaf to the tree. This morning Katie put the last leaf on her Thankful Tree. Here's her list of thankfulness this year, in order:
1. helping
2. my brother
3. clean up
4. my word
5. being brave
6. readeng
7. cuddling
8. Grandma
9. home
10. food
11. helping
12. God
13. Daddy
14. home with Mommy
15. Mommy
16. happynis
17. Jackson
18. Eve
19. Sammi
20. Crius Gorg (Curious George)
21. Anna
22. bred (bread)
23. Mizzou
24. froinsz (friends)
25. skool
26. goodnis
27. calindr (calendar)

I love seeing what Katie thinks is important. I also love that her brother made it on the list twice. My thankful list would probably include all those things and more: God's love, a devoted husband, funny and good-hearted kids, a great extended family (sister, nieces, brother-in-law, stepmother, aunts, uncles, Dan's family), friendships with people who uplift me and know just what to say when I need it, a new church, music, the luxury of having more than what I truly need (food, shelter & the basics), and MY HEALTH.

This morning Katie went to the St. Louis Thanksgiving Day parade with our neighbors, and Dan got up with Jackson while I slept in. I am doubly thankful for that! Katie and Jackson have been watching the National Dog Show on TV, and now it's nap time before we head out to Thanksgiving Dinner with Dan's large extended family.

I wish you all a nice Thanksgiving Day, with a full and thankful heart.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

What a great idea. Love the Thankful Tree!

Gretchen said...

That's a great idea!

SLSK said...

I'm just catching up on all of the new info. I love the thankful tree. You are one smart cookie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails