Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Daisy Girl Scout

Katie is officially a Daisy Girl Scout. She had her investiture ceremony at her troop meeting last night, and did a wonderful job of being color guard and carrying the flag into the room. (Don't you love her boots?)
The girls recited the Girl Scout pledge, and received their badges and center of their Daisy flower for their tunics.

We all enjoyed cookies and drinks afterwards, then had a speaker from the power company come talk about his job so the girls could earn their "Respect Authority" petal.

I was a Brownie Girl Scout, and loved it. I always looked forward to the crafts (big surprise) and field trips. I went to Girl Scout camp a few times, but didn't like it much because I had previously attended some other sleepaway camps that I liked much better. (My parents sent me to my first sleepaway camp at age five. If I remember correctly, it was for an entire month. I can't even imagine doing that with Katie now!)

I hope Katie enjoys being a Girl Scout and makes some great memories. So far so good!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails