Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Extra Hour

The end of Daylight Saving Time usually entails the nice perk of an extra hour sleep. I've decided there ain't no such perk in this house. In fact, the extra hour just means I'm even more tired!

Because now instead of sleeping until 7am, Jackson woke at 6am. And in order to get him back on time, I stretched him until 1pm (his usual naptime). Tonight bedtime will be at the usual 8pm, but all that really means is I had an extra hour of work today. Instead of "punching in" at 7am and "punching out" at 8pm, I punched in at 6am. Oh, lucky me.

I hope my boss sees all my hard work and rewards me with an extra day of vacation. Hardy-har-har. Man, I'm tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it and understand it.
"I hope the boss sees me..."
That struck a meaningful note today. I get so fed up at work when the boss doesn't "see" me. But as mom's we do things just because....and that's a job too. I should have the same philosophy with my job and just get over it. I work because I have to, but I do work and I did choose this job....You provided me a new outlook on my day and my job....Why should I expect thanks at my job...you don't get any at your job. This will be a happy positive day.
Oh by the way...You're an awesome mom and I Thank You! :)

Gretchen said...

I know how that extra hour goes all too well. I'm beyond exhausted every night when I go to bed, then it's just clock watching for hours...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails