Monday, September 22, 2008

Watching Barney

I avoided the purple dinosaur when Katie was little. But I decided to Tivo an episode for Jackson after he found a stuffed Barney he likes playing with, and he also likes when I sing the "I love you" song to him. We watched the episode tonight. Katie was mad at first, saying, "But I don't watch Barney!" but then ended up engrossed in it, and Jackson LOVED it. He was bouncing around the living room, spinning and dancing to the songs. He kept running up to the TV, pointing at Barney and saying, "I see it." Dan caught some of the action on camera, and it makes me smile to see Jackson so happy!

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

I had one Barney baby and vowed NEVER again. It was just coming out when my daughter was young and if I never see or hear of that purple dino, I'll be a happy person.

Her grandparents drove 3 hours just to buy her the first talking Barney doll since they weren't available anywhere near us. She had the clothes, videos, all the dolls, shoes, etc...

NIGHTMARES are invading just hearing that theme.

Scarlet O'Kara said...

We love Barney in my house...pretty funny considering that I vowed to never let my kids watch him!

Stop by my place. I have something for you.

Scarlet O'Kara said...

I am so glad that you enjoyed your award! And yes, you now have to write a post about it and present it to 5 people whose blogs you enjoy....

Cannot wait to see who you pick. That is one of the best parts of giving an award.

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

I love the song Everlasting God!!!! I was singing and a singing when I was reading your blog...hard to do. !!!

Anonymous said...

Before I had my son, I swore I'd never watch Barney either...thought he was creepy. Well it's amazing how kids change things. My son at Jackson's age loved the show. We even saw Barney in concert! He had a Barney birthday party when he turned 2, complete with a Barney cake and everything.

What a precious video!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails