Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My First Award

Oooo, I'm so excited! I got a very nice award from my friend Scarlet O'Kara. She picked me as one of five favorite blogs that she enjoys. It's the first bloggy award I've ever received. I feel so loved! Thanks, Scarlet. Here's the award:

So now I have to pick five blogs to present the award to. Hmmmm... hard to decide! I'm tempted to pick my friend Danielle's blog, but I think I've mentioned her about a million times already (haven't I?). So I'll try to mention some "new blood." And I'm making myself narrow them down by naming only blogs by people that I know personally (in person, in real life). Here goes!

AbFab Geek: My friend Robin writes this one. She cracks me up almost every time I read it, because she writes the same exact way that she talks. I can hear her voice in my head when I read her words. It's weird. She is so funny and also such a geek, but in a good way. I love that because she's knowledgeable and informative. I like people who are life-long learners.

Life in the Burbs: Sarah is a new friend I met through my mom's group. I've only known her a short while, but I keep telling her I will get along well with her. We have a lot in common, and she is real and down-to-earth.

Catrina's Thoughts from the Fire: Catrina is a former co-worker from my days before I became a SAHM. She's the first person I ever knew with a blog. She's one of the most tenacious people I know. I can call her with any question and if she doesn't know the answer, she won't rest until she finds it. I always tell her she's like a dog with a bone.

Are You There God, It's Me Brina: Brina is my friend who moved from Missouri to Florida. The first time I met her, I knew we would be more than acquaintances. She was one of the few people I knew who had suffered enormous loss, so I was drawn to her immediately.

Where the Wild Things Are: Jennifer is another friend from my mom's group. She just started a blog a week ago, so I'm hoping you'll go visit her and welcome her to the world. She and I always joke about how we can be blunt and straightforward and sometimes scare people off. I'm often quoting her to other friends, telling others about some hormonal link or bit of information she's passed along to me.

So, there you go. Can't I have honorable mentions? There are so many others that I don't know in person, but read daily (My Garden Hat, World's Greatest Mommy, Southern Grits & Tidbits, Gretchen's Travels). Oh, well. Know that you are loved, just the same.

Thanks again, Scarlet!

6 comments:

Scarlet O'Kara said...

You are most welcome!

Mama said...

Congrats on your first award. I'm emailing you another one. I love it here.

Mama said...

well, shoot. You email me. I can't find your addy.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You are most certainly fun to read.

Gretchen said...

Congrats on the award!!! The honorable mention is sweet. :)

SLSK said...

I am such a geek! I've skimmed your posts several times and just found my "present". Thank you for mentioning my blog. I fee soooo honored! You're the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails