Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Birthday, Hooney!

I wish I could buy you an amazing birthday present. Something that would show you the depth of my love and pride in you. I guess a sweet little note on my blog will have to do!

There are still days, after knowing you for 16 years, that I stare at you in shock, amazed that you are my husband. I watch your strong arms hold our daughter, and my heart liquifies into a puddle of pure love. When I see you tickle and wrestle with our son, it makes me laugh out loud. And I know that you know I am watching you. You always turn to me and glimpse the raw emotion in my eyes. And then you shrug it off. No big deal. Yeah, right.
You, my Hooney, are a big deal. You cause my sun to rise and set, and nothing in my life is worthwhile unless I'm sharing it with you. My girlfriends and sister help sustain me, but you fulfill me. I am overly in awe of you, abundantly in love with you. Every day I pray that God keeps you safe and brings you home to me, because a life without you would be... would be... Oh, Lord. Please don't even make me consider it.

Happy birthday to my hero, my best friend, my lover, my provider, and my Hooney.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dan! I miss you guys and wish I could be there to celebrate!

Brina said...

Awe Geez!! Gave me goosebumps...Happy Birthday Dan!!

Gretchen said...

Hope he had a wonderful birthday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails