Thursday, September 25, 2008

Steele Butterflies

I decided to participate in the local Lupus Walk on October 5, which is coming up in just over one week. This was a decision I made after seeing my rheumatologist on Monday, so I'm kind of scrambling to get things together and organized. Before I made the decision, I emailed friends and family to see if anyone might want to join me. I got lots of positive feedback, so I decided to take the plunge.

My friend Catrina is going to walk with me, and her sister is also joining us. I have one or two other friends who are considering walking with me too. I am excited to have their support!

Catrina and I decided to name our team Steele Butterflies. Steele is my maiden name (so that part of the team name will memorialize my mom and dad). The Butterflies part of the name is because butterflies are the symbol for the Lupus Foundation, and also something that reminds me of my mom (she made a comment about becoming a butterfly when she was in hospice).

If you'd like to read more about the Lupus Walk or Steele Butterflies, or if you'd like to participate in some way, just check out our team website. Thanks!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Good luck on the walk! It's for a great cause

Anonymous said...

I love the name of your team! Very creative!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails