Friday, September 26, 2008

Fifteen Years

Where were you 15 years ago? Where will you be 15 years from now? I can say, without a doubt (and God willing), that I will still be in the same place 15 years from now - in the arms of the love of my life.

Fifteen years ago today, Dan walked in to my life. (He then quickly walked out of it, but that was just a minor delay. Read more about Our Story here.) Fifteen years ago today, I had no idea the trajectory of my life was about to veer sharply in a new direction. I also had no idea that the one person who would love me unconditionally, the only person who's ever loved me the way I feel God loves me, was getting ready to set up camp in my heart.

Thank you, God, for bringing him to me. Thank you for each and every 5,475 days of my life that I have known this man. He has been the glue that has mended my broken heart back together countless times. He has brought me richness beyond value, understanding, laughter, patience, adoration, frustration, growth, security, strength, comfort, and two more loves of my life.

Thank you, God, for loving me and using Dan to show me how much.

"Sometimes I swear I live with an angel, sent from above to watch over me. He wears his love just like a halo. If he's not an angel, what else could he be? He wouldn't say he's anything special. Bet 'cha that's how all those angels are. But when he comes around miracles happen. I felt the first one when he touched my heart. Oh, I've never seen him fly. On the wings of love he carries me. Heaven-bound I'm mystified how with just one kiss he made me believe in angels. Though I've never seen him fly." (Fly by The Wilkinsons)

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

I'm sure you'll still be there in 15 years and I'll still be reading your love story. :)

Hubby and I have been together 22 years and married 20. We met in high school.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post. It makes me stop and think how blessed I am to have my husband, too. It's good to think about how much we are blessed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails