Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm a Believer!

After Tuesday's post about my joint pain, I truly am a believer in prayer. (I already was prior to that too, of course! You know what I mean.) That morning after I posted, I still felt so crappy and was having a pity party for myself. On the way to a playgroup, I had a stern talk with myself. I said, "Self, get over it. Here's the best news of the day: you are ALIVE. Breathe it in, let go of the pain, and appreciate the fact that you have the grace you need and all the love in the world to get you through the day." Or, as my fave quote from The Shawshank Redemption would put it, "Get busy living or get busy dying." I decided to shift my focus.

I think Katie's kisses also helped me on Tuesday. I woke her Tuesday morning and laid in bed with her, pillow talking. She rubbed my right hand, which was aching badly. I told her it ached, so the blessedly sweet child took my hand in hers, lifted it to her lips, and kissed every single finger. She takes my breath away sometimes, when the veil is lifted and I can see how raw and pure her heart is.

But, mostly, I think prayers have helped. Katie and I prayed for me to feel better at the end of our morning pillow talk, and then I asked for your prayers in my post. By late Wednesday morning, I felt tremendously better. Same thing yesterday and today. Almost so good that I entertained the thought of cancelling my rheumatologist appointment. And then I remembered that I can't avoid it forever and I am still having severe pain upon waking in the morning, so I'm sticking to my plan to see the doc on Monday.

Thank you for praying, and sending love and good thoughts my way. I'm praying for a relaxing weekend, a huge weight loss at Weight Watchers in the morning (ha, ha!), and relief from pain until Monday (at least). I hope y'all have a good weekend too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better! Hang in there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails