Thursday, September 24, 2009

Today

  • I slept in about 30 minutes more than normal.
  • I started my day going back to bed so I could snuggle with Katie.
  • I made a promise to Katie that I would count to ten and take a deep breath whenever I feel like yelling. Hopefully it will help me avoid yelling and the guilt that comes along with it.
  • I got to workout while the kids played - and didn't fight even once.
  • I made my kids laugh.
  • I let Katie watch Jackson while I went upstairs to shower quickly. They sat together and read books. Wow.
  • I took the kids to a concert at the library and actually enjoyed it because they had so much fun.
  • I let my friend make me and the kids lunch and we sat there and talked while the kids entertained themselves. So nice.
  • I read the Bible with Katie for at least 20 minutes, then finished her chapter book. She's trying to complete her Cycle Break Bingo game by Saturday so she can get six more marbles for her jar. (This Cycle Break Bingo game has been a lifesaver for us so far on this school break. Thanks, Carrie!)
  • I spent a LOT of time cuddling with my kids today. And I LOVED it.
  • I invited Katie's friend over to play even when their Girl Scout activity was postponed. Katie was in a hyper frenzy from the excitement of having her over.
  • I turned Taylor Swift up LOUD and sang along with the girls when we drove Katie's friend home.
  • I mostly ignored my To Do List today. And the world is still spinning. Imagine that.
  • I sat on the couch and cuddled with The Love of My Life while we laughed at The Office on television.
  • I squeezed in one blog post just now.
It was a good day. It reminds me of this poem called "What Did I Do Today?" by an unknown author.
Today I left some dishes dirty,
The bed got made around 3:30.
The diapers soaked a little longer,
The odor grew a little stronger.
The crumbs I spilled the day before
Are staring at me from the floor.
The fingerprints there on the wall
Will likely be there still next fall.
The dirty streaks on windowpanes
Will still be there next time it rains.
Shame on you, you sit and say,
Just what did you do today?
I held a baby till he slept,
I held a toddler while he wept.
I played a game of hide and seek,
I squeezed a toy so it would squeak.
I pulled a wagon, sang a song,
Taught a child right from wrong.
What did I do this whole day through?
Not much that shows, I guess that's true.
Unless you think that what I've done,
Might be important to someone
With deep brown eyes and soft brown hair,
If that is true... I've done my share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails