Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dan = Confident

Dan has self confidence that I deeply admire. He believes in himself and his abilities, and doesn’t second-guess his character. I’ve known him long enough to know when he is nervous, but I love that he holds himself in such a way that most people can’t tell. His self esteem is infectious for me, and I start to believe in myself more just because he does. He brings out the best in me by bringing out the best in himself.

Dan’s confidence in himself encompasses his outlook on life. What I mean is that he is confident in his ability to land on his feet, and this gives him faith to step out and try. He knows that even if he took the wrong path, he’ll figure out a way to correct it down the road.

There have been many times in our years together that I was afraid to even try something, and Dan’s confidence extended itself to me and gave me belief to just give it a shot. He’s been confident when I’ve been afraid, and I borrowed that confidence and came out on top.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I hope you are going to do something special with these for him. They are really cool. Confidence (without cockiness) is such a hard-to-come-by trait.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails