Thursday, September 10, 2009

Picture Perfect Little Life

Madsen Cycles Cargo BikesI keep seeing ads and magazine articles about this cool bike called a Madsen Bucket Bike. It makes me want to move to a little neighborhood that is a suburb of St. Louis (and kind of near us).

It's called New Town, and it's so quaint and sweet. I wouldn't even need a car. I could load Jackson up in the Madsen Bucket Bike and bike on up to the store or library or over to the farm (my friend Gina wrote about it here). We could have picnics at the amphitheater, and New Town also has a GREAT fireworks show on July 4th (which we've attended before). They have concerts in the summer, and churches located within the "town" limits.

And, oh, that bucket bike would be so perfect in this little life. Wouldn't it? Can't you just see me in it, all trim and fit because of all the exercise I'd be getting hauling around kids and groceries? Ooooo, what fun!

I already mentioned to Dan how much fun it would be to live in New Town. He chopped that dream down quickly. Something about being in a flood plain. That's what happens when you're married to a civil engineer with a specialty in hydrology - dreams die to flood plain management. I could still buy the bike even if we didn't live there, right? But we don't have an extra $1,000 to plunk down on a bucket bike. Besides, it wouldn't look so cute if I had to cross the major streets near my house just to get to Wal-Mart. Oh, well. I can still dream!

2 comments:

Charity said...

WHY would they build such on wonderful town on a flood plain!?

Anonymous said...

I think you and I envision the same kind of car-free life! ;) Oh suburbs... why do you torture me? hehheee!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails