Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Days #3.5, #4, and #5

Welcome to February! We get to celebrate with what my neighbors on Facebook are calling Blizzaclysm, Snowmergency, Snowphoon, Blizzquake, and Snowicane.

Katie’s school was closed halfway through the day yesterday because of the ice. Then school was cancelled for today and it’s already been cancelled for tomorrow. This makes ELEVEN straight weeks that she hasn’t had a full week of school since November 15.

Here’s the good news: Dan came home early from work, so we had some unexpected time together. And at least the ice makes for some beautiful scenery!IMGP8134

Jackson just came in from playing outside with these words, “You are the most beautiful snow bunny, Mommy!” I’m pretty sure Dan planted those words for him to say. But after I stripped off his wet snowsuit and got him settled on the couch to warm up, he said, “Mommy, I want to marry you.” Awww! I know THAT wasn’t planted by anyone!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Love when the boys (big and little) say such sweet things.

The icicles are so pretty. I taught L the word "icicle" the other day and we had fun kicking them off of my car!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails