Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Valentimes

Yes, I know I’m eight days behind on this. I have no excuse, except the usual: life gets in the way of blogging sometimes. Yep, doesn’t that suck?

So, I wanted to share a photo of my little Valentine and his “Valentimes” that we made the morning of Valentine Day. (Sometimes his Ns become Ms.)

I remembered these cute FamilyFun friendship blossoms from a 2010 issue of the magazine and decided they were easy enough for my boy. I got out my huge heart punch and we worked on punching out lots of hearts. Jackson set about coloring them while I used a single hole punch to make holes for the lollipop sticks. We poked the suckers through the holes, used a little bit of tape to hold it all in place, and that was it!IMGP8544

The best part? For the next few days, Jackson would wake in the morning and say, “Mommy, will you be my Valentime?”IMGP8551

Next year, I want to make these Sweetheart Pops with leftover Christmas candy canes. So cute!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails