Friday, February 13, 2009

What's Going On

I haven't blogged much this week, and it's not for lack of things to say! (Y'all know I am rarely at a loss for words.) I've just had so many things whizzing through my mind and can't quiet it down to focus! I even started a LIST of things I want to blog about. There are six things on the NOW list, and 14 on my LATER list. It's getting to be riduculous, and I've been waiting all week until I had time to write something meaningful. Well, folks, that just ain't gonna happen. So here's what you get instead: a brain dump!

  • Jackson came home early from Parents Day Out on Wednesday. Bummer. Stuff was coming out both ends. Ugh. He seemed fine yesterday, though, except for a rank diaper last night. And then this morning, he had another one. So, I'm not sure where things stand right now. He hasn't eaten at all today, so he shouldn't have anything left to come out. Right? The funny thing is I recently (within the last week) thought to myself, "I don't think either of my kids have ever had diarrhea while in diapers. Aren't I lucky?" Oh, the irony.
  • Today was the "Friendship Party" in Katie's kindergarten class. My friend Beth came to watch Jackson so I could be there for the party. This morning I thought about skipping out on it after Jackson's *yuck*, but I had planned it with the teacher and all the supplies were at my house. So Beth took care of Jackson and I got to go party. It turned out to be pretty fun, and I think the kids enjoyed themselves. I love volunteering in the class (I try to go once a week) and getting to know all the kids. They all try to jump up and run to hug me everytime they see me. I am a big distraction. I am trying not to be and I chastise them and tell them to SIT DOWN, but they don't listen much. It's just as well, because I like to hug them anyway.
  • I'm hoping to have good news at Weight Watchers tomorrow, and earn my first award since I lost my first five and then ten pounds. I worked hard at it this week, and even bought a new workout DVD because my daily elliptical workouts are starting to get boring and also starting to stress my joints. (Of course, that could be another lupus flare, but I'm just going to be in denial about that for right now.)
  • I'm taking a six week class at church called Body Life, and I am loving it. It's kind of the beginner's introduction to this particular church, and lays out the church's beliefs on things like spiritual gifts, the church's mission, and how to get connected. I'm reading The Emotionally Healthy Church by Peter Scazzero for the class, and I'm enjoying it way more than I expected (the book AND the class). That brings me to one of the things on my To Blog About List, because I feel that something huge is building in my life. A change is comin', y'all. But that's for me to write about in another post. It's going to take a lot of courage to say what I need to say, and I'm praying and waiting for the right time to let it loose on the world. Y'all help me with those prayers, okay?
  • The weather has been surprisingly lovely this past week, with highs in the 50s. Thank God for that, because last week I was starting to get depressed and fed up with my Raynaud's Syndrome in my hands. I dread making dinner every night, because touching cold food in order to cook it makes my hands feel like they've been burned. Sounds weird, doesn't it? How could cold feel hot? Oh, but it does.
  • I've been caught up in Lost again. I love that show and yet every time I finish an episode, I tell Dan, "I HATE this show!" Ugh! It is so frustrating! But. So. Darn. Good! Also on my To Do List? I have a compulsion to read the thousands of little facts on Lostpedia. Yeah, right. Like I have time for that! I have a feeling that'll be an even bigger time waster than Facebook. Where does the time go?
  • Oh, yeah, time. Does anyone know a recipe for making more? I have so many things that need my attention: the kids, Dan, planning a teacher appreciation dinner, organizing a Bible study with neighbors, taxes, Jamaica dreams, my moms' group, board meetings, Body Life homework, a swap, exercise, scrapbooking, American Idol, blogging, Valentine's Day plans, Girl Scouts, and some really cute crafts that have seared their images on my retinas. Oh, and dinner. (My daily dilemma.) I'm itching to get things accomplished, and trying to strike a balance between those needs and wants again. I found I'm doing well with the needs and now I want to move on to the wants. (Don't we all?!)

So... I think this is all for now. Isn't that enough? I feel like I'm forgetting something, but that's the perpetual status of my brain these days. Gotta. Slow. Down. And. Breathe.

3 comments:

scrappysue said...

that's life, tho isn't it? someo days good, some bad. well done on the weight loss! i gave up on lost YEARS ago - yay you for hanging in there! it just got SO ridiculously complicated and unbelievable, not even close to being believable - they lost me!!! lol

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for the change that's coming, that you plan on blogging about!

Also, I watch LOST too but have given up trying to figure it out. Love that show!

Anonymous said...

LOST is great - now I'm going to have to go to the link you provided... And I hope your WW weigh in went well - I joined online 3 weeks ago! (Gotta get some of this weight off so I can work on getting Evan a little brother or sister!) Great minds think alike - LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails