Monday, February 2, 2009

One Month In

February is here, which means that I am one month in to 2009 and it's time to do a status check. I purposely didn't list my New Year's Resolutions for you all, because I don't need that kind of pressure. But I did tell you about my list of needs that I developed. (Oh, again with the lists! you say? Yes.)

I am happy to report: so far, so good! I made a little chart in a journal, and every night before bed I go through the chart and mark off the needs that I fulfilled that day. I also keep track of my exercise and pedometer steps. You wouldn't believe how satisfying it is for me to track my needs like this. It is a great reminder that I am not a footnote in my own life. I have concrete evidence that Elizabeth (not Mommy, not wife, not friend, but ME) is getting a piece of the pie too. It curbs my tendency to blow things out of proportion as I often do, like when I tell Dan, "I never have time to myself." Well, that just isn't true and now I have evidence of it! I highly recommend you write your own Need Chart. Because who's going to take care of YOU if you don't?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails