Friday, May 2, 2008

I Saw God Today

In the midst of a roller coaster day, I took the kids for a drive. I heard the new George Strait song on the radio. It's called "I Saw God Today." Here are the lines that grabbed my attention:
"I've been to church, I've read the book
I know He's here, but I don't look
Near as often as I should.
Yeah, I know I should.
His fingerprints are everywhere
I just slowed down to stop and stare
Opened my eyes and man I swear,
I saw God today."

That resonates with me because at the least likely moments, I find God in my life. Kind of like I come across a love letter from Him: a warm breeze, the first crocus of Spring, my babies' laughs, Dan's cuddles, a friend's call at just the right moment, a hot shower, or a beautiful song. God participates in my life daily, and I need to remember to "stop and stare" so I can see Him. I don't look as often as I should! Thankfully, God is always faithful and waiting for me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails