Thursday, May 29, 2008

Manageable

Today was much better than the last few weeks. There was some of the usual crankiness, but it was highlighted by some laughs and smiles from Jackson. The first time he smiled today, I was actually stunned. I didn't realize he remembered how to smile! So I got to catch my breath once or twice today. It helps that I got an extra hour of sleep last night, and Katie was helpful and her usual Sweetness. We did have a screaming episode over lunch, but Katie and I decided to eat anyway and just let Jackson scream it out on the floor. Humph. There you go! And I nipped the other screaming episode by giving Jackson some alone time in his crib. That helped.

Our big event of the day was I moved a desk into Katie's room. I figure she'll have her own place to color and, eventually, do homework. It's just a little desk, but it's a start. And she was thrilled to have it! She spent 45 minutes coloring on her own up in her room after the desk was moved in. And about five minutes in to those 45 minutes, I hear from the top of the stairs, "Mommy? Is my room gonna stay like it is?" I stood at the bottom of the stairs and said yes, then she ran down the stairs into my arms and hugged me and said, "I love you!" Sweetness.The other big event was we finally got our termite treatment. It's a very interesting process, and I might have to blog about it another time. I'll even include photos for you. You mean you aren't looking forward to reading about it?! Oh, it won't be so bad.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails